- Install a safe or strong security cabinet to store valuable documents or keys to your business.
- Install an annunciator on entrances to alert you that a customer has entered.
- Don’t tag your keys with the name of your business or home address. Change locks if keys are lost or not returned by a former employee. Mark keys “do not duplicate” to prevent legitimate locksmiths from making copies without your knowledge.
- Don’t open the door until you’re ready to do business, and don’t count receipts until you lock up.
- Never resist an armed robber.
- Call 9-1-1 (24 hrs) for: all medical, fire, and police emergencies, and anytime you believe there is a need to send police, fire or medical personnel to the scene.
- Post local telephone numbers to report any incident that you believe should be reported to the Police Department but does not require the dispatch of an officer.
Everyone should review the fire safety tips as well as all the safety tips that could improve their lives.