Personal Safety Tips
- Want to spend some time in the yard? Take your key-chain remote with you for extra security outdoors.
- Spending the night alone? Keep your key-chain remote on your nightstand and sleep easy.
- Never leave clues when you are away on a trip. Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway. Stop your newspaper and mail delivery until your return.
- Create the illusion that you are home by using timers on lights, radios and TV’s. Making your residence appear occupied will deter thieves. We offer a variety of devices to control home automation.
- Always lock the door to an attached garage and include it in your alarm system. Don’t rely on your automatic garage door for security.
- Keep the perimeter of your home well lit. Installing low voltage outdoor lighting is a cost-effective way to discourage intruders, as well as highlight a house. Outdoor motion sensor lighting is an easy and effective deterrent.
- Set your alarm EVERY TIME you leave your house. Even the best alarm and security system can protect you when it’s ON! A key-chain remote makes it easy, even if you are in your car driving away.
Check out more tips to keep your residence safe or all of our safety tips!